The Association Technical Meeting will begin at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, June 11 and will continue at 8:00 am on Thursday, June 12 with breaks as required. Under the rules now in effect, only Certified Amending Motions (with valid sign-in) and proper Follow-up Motions will be allowed for NFPA® Documents processed in the Fall 2013 and Annual 2014 Revision Cycles.
The agenda for the meeting will be those Documents with Certified Amending Motions as indicated in the Report of the Motions Committee on Certified Amending Motions. The Report of the Motions Committee on Certified Amending Motions for the Fall 2013 Revision Cycle was available on October 18, 2013. The Motions Committee Report for the Annual 2014 Revision Cycle will be posted on the NFPA website on April 4, 2014. For more information on the Report of the Motions Committee, as well as applicable rules [see Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards (Regs.) and the Technical Meeting Convention Rules] log onto http://www.nfpa.org/nitmam.
Special Note: The 2014 NFPA Conference and Expo® constitutes the first NFPA Technical Meeting (Tech Session) under the revised Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards (Regs). Please note that under these regulations, there will no longer be versions of the Report on Proposals (ROPs) and Report on Comments (ROCs). In addition to the Final Motions Committee Report, the complete Technical Committee records (First Draft Report and Second Draft Report) including all changes to the appropriate NFPA Standard and additional relative material, are accessible through the Next Edition tab of the specific Document Information page, for your review prior to the Technical Meeting (Tech Session).
Fall 2013 revision cycle
The Motions Committee of the NFPA Standards Council has determined that the following Fall 2013 Standards have at least one Certified Amending Motion that may be presented at the 2014 Association Technical Meeting in Las Vegas:
- NFPA 37 Standard for the Installation and Use of Stationary Combustion Engines and Gas Turbines
- NFPA 731 Standard for the Installation of Electronic Premises Security Systems
- NFPA 750 Standard on Water Mist Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA 1192 Standard on Recreational Vehicles
Annual 2014 revision cycle
The Motions Committee Report on Standards in this cycle will be posted on the NFPA website no later than April 4, 2014. Following are documents in the Annual 2014 Revision Cycle that could receive a Notice of Intent to Make a Motion (NITMAM) and be presented for action at the 2014 Association Technical Meeting in Las Vegas.
- NFPA 1 Fire Code
- NFPA 3 Recommended Practice on Commissioning and Integrated Testing of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
- NFPA 4 Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing
- NFPA 30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA 30A Code for Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages
- NFPA 30B Code for the Manufacture and Storage of Aerosol Products
- NFPA 54 National Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 59 Utility LP-Gas Plant Code
- NFPA 70E® Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®
- NFPA 79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery
- NFPA 86 Standard for Ovens and Furnaces
- NFPA 87 Recommended Practice for Fluid Heaters
- NFPA 88A Standard for Parking Structures
- NFPA 90A Standard for the Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilating Systems
- NFPA 90B Standard for the Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air-Conditioning Systems
- NFPA 99 Health Care Facilities Code
- NFPA 99B Standard for Hypobaric Facilities
- NFPA 101® Life Safety Code®
- NFPA 220 Standard on Types of Building Construction
- NFPA 221 Standard for High Challenge Fire Walls, Fire Walls, and Fire Barrier Walls
- NFPA 302 Fire Protection Standard for Pleasure and Commercial Motor Craft
- NFPA 318 Standard for the Protection of Semiconductor Fabrication Facilities
- NFPA 484 Standard for Combustible Metals
- NFPA 703 Standard for Fire Retardant—Treated Wood and Fire–Retardant Coatings for Building Materials
- NFPA 720 Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide(CO) Detection and Warning Equipment
- NFPA 1521 Standard for Fire Department Safety Officer
- NFPA 2113 Standard on Selection, Care, Use, and Maintenance of Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire
- NFPA 5000® Building Construction and Safety Code®
In addition to the Association Technical Meeting, the beginning of the week includes the General Session, more than 150 education sessions in the Conference program and an Expo with more than 300 exhibitors. Get the latest info on NFPA Conference & Expo®.