New for 2013, the inaugural Accessibility Expo will co-locate with NFPA Conference & Expo®. Accessibility Expo will feature products specifically designed to help comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and to improve the quality of life and workplace safety for people with disabilities.
Supporting the expo is a series of conference sessions that address one or more of the five categories of disability — mobility, vision, hearing, speech, and cognitive. These sessions cover assistive devices, education, lessons learned, and inclusive evacuation strategies and procedures. They are designed to encourage building designers, builders, managers and safety executives to move beyond the minimum requirements of the ADA.
- Preventing the Unthinkable: Prevention and Public Education for the Special Needs Population High-Rise
- Evacuation for People with Special Needs Accessibility and ADA: 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Basics Every First Responder Needs to Know About the Disability Community
- Get Out Safely Using NFPA’s Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities
- Ergonomic Evaluation of Stair Descent Devices: Final Results and Device Demonstration
- Improving Fire and Life Safety for People with Disabilities
Examples of products you can expect to see at Accessibility Expo include enhanced alarming systems, directional sound devices, mass notification systems, evacuation chairs, signage, as well as accessibility training and preparedness programs for employers. Check out the exhibitor list. For information about exhibiting, please contact Noel Hoekstra with ROC Exhibitions at (630) 271-8210
Bureau of Internet Accessibility – Nov. 12, 2012
Chicago Accessibility Expo Announced
Security InfoWatch - Oct. 31, 2012
NFPA to host 'Accessibility Expo'